- Who We Are
- What We Do
- How We Think
- News & Articles
- Contact Us
“Inside Higher Ed” Publishes Article about Carolyn Brown’s Tenure Denial
On June 30, 2017
Inside Higher Ed, an online publication focusing on college and university topics, published an article this week about Bernabei & Kabat client, Carolyn Brown. Ms. Brown was denied tenure at American University over slightly lower than average teaching evaluations from her most rigorous courses.
The article focuses on Ms. Brown’s tenure denial and points to the fact that American University’s own standards of tenure state that teaching assessments are not determined solely by student evaluations. Furthermore, numerous studies on student evaluations suggest that student evaluations are inherently biased against women and minorities. However, Provost Scott Bass’s evaluation of Ms. Brown seems to only rely on student evaluations.
To read the full Inside Higher Ed article on Ms. Brown’s tenure denial, click here.
RECENT NEWS & ARTICLES
- Lynne Bernabei to Speak at Sexual Harassment Q&A for Journalists in August 2017 July 18, 2017
- “Inside Higher Ed” Publishes Article about Carolyn Brown’s Tenure Denial June 30, 2017
- Lynne Bernabei and Kristen Sinisi Present at 2017 NELA Convention June 27, 2017
- American University’s “The Eagle” Writes Article about Bernabei & Kabat Client, Carolyn Brown June 21, 2017
- Lynne Bernabei and Alan Kabat Author Amicus Brief Challenging Trump’s Travel Ban June 1, 2017