- Who We Are
- What We Do
- How We Think
- News & Articles
- Contact Us
Alan Kabat, Partner
Alan Kabat received a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Washington in 1983. He received a Ph.D. in Biology from Harvard University in 1990. Mr. Kabat received a J.D. degree from Georgetown University Law Center in 1998. He was a member of the American Criminal Law Review, and served as Editor-In-Chief for its Thirteenth Survey of White Collar Crime. Mr. Kabat is a member of the American Bar Association and the Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers’ Association (MWELA). He is currently co-chair of the Amicus Committee for MWELA. He also serves as discovery coordinator for a complex multidistrict litigation matter. Mr. Kabat has practiced law with Lynne Bernabei since 1998.
Mr. Kabat has been admitted to practice law in Maryland since 1998, in the District of Columbia since 1999, and in Virginia since 2008. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court; the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, Second, Fourth, Sixth, Ninth, and Tenth Circuits; and the U.S. District Courts for District of Columbia, Maryland, and the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Represented employees with gender, race, and age discrimination claims against their employers, including employers in the media, finance, non-profit, and university sectors.
- Represented government and private-sector employees who reported illegal conduct in their workplace.
- Represented non-profit organizations in constitutional challenges to government investigations.
- Represented law firm partners moving from one law firm to another law firm.
- Represented individuals and organizations in defamation, non-compete, and tortious interference litigation.