- Who We Are
- What We Do
- How We Think
- News & Articles
- Contact Us
Lynne Bernabei Attends 50th Anniversary Celebration Hosted by President Obama
On August 8, 2013
Lynne Bernabei, as a board member of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, attended the 50th anniversary celebration, hosted by President Obama at the White House, on August 1, 2013.
The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law (Lawyers’ Committee), a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, was formed in 1963 at the request of President John F. Kennedy to involve the private bar in providing legal services to address racial discrimination. We are celebrating our 50th anniversary in 2013 as we continue our quest of “Moving America Toward Justice.” The principal mission of the Lawyers’ Committee is to secure, through the rule of law, equal justice under law, particularly in the areas of fair housing and fair lending; community development; employment; voting; education and environmental justice. For more information about the Lawyers’ Committee, visit www.lawyerscommittee.org.
RECENT NEWS & ARTICLES
- Lynne Bernabei and Alan Kabat Author Amicus Brief Challenging Trump’s Travel Ban September 13, 2017
- D.C. Superior Court Issues Positive Opinion in Bernabei & Kabat Case Involving American University August 23, 2017
- New York’s Council Members Lancman and Rosenthal Introduce Legislation Prohibiting Employers from Requiring Low-Wage Employees to Enter Non-Competes August 18, 2017
- Lynne Bernabei to Speak at Sexual Harassment Q&A for Journalists in August 2017 July 18, 2017
- “Inside Higher Ed” Publishes Article about Carolyn Brown’s Tenure Denial June 30, 2017